Subject: CVE-2021-47415: iwlwifi: mvm: Fix possible NULL dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iwlwifi: mvm: Fix possible NULL dereference

In __iwl_mvm_remove_time_event() check that 'te_data->vif' is NULL
before dereferencing it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47415 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 7b3954a1d69a and fixed in 5.14.12 with commit 432d8185e9ff
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 7b3954a1d69a and fixed in 5.15 with commit 24d5f16e407b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47415
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/mvm/time-event.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/432d8185e9ffce97e3866ca71c39b0807a456920
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/24d5f16e407b75bc59d5419b957a9cab423b2681