Subject: CVE-2021-47394: netfilter: nf_tables: unlink table before deleting it

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nf_tables: unlink table before deleting it

syzbot reports following UAF:
BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in memcmp+0x18f/0x1c0 lib/string.c:955
 nla_strcmp+0xf2/0x130 lib/nlattr.c:836
 nft_table_lookup.part.0+0x1a2/0x460 net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:570
 nft_table_lookup net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:4064 [inline]
 nf_tables_getset+0x1b3/0x860 net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c:4064
 nfnetlink_rcv_msg+0x659/0x13f0 net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c:285
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x153/0x420 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2504

Problem is that all get operations are lockless, so the commit_mutex
held by nft_rcv_nl_event() isn't enough to stop a parallel GET request
from doing read-accesses to the table object even after synchronize_rcu().

To avoid this, unlink the table first and store the table objects in
on-stack scratch space.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47394 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 6001a930ce03 and fixed in 5.14.10 with commit f65c73d3aabb
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 6001a930ce03 and fixed in 5.15 with commit a499b03bf36b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47394
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_tables_api.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f65c73d3aabb87d4353e0bc4a718b5ae8c43fd04
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a499b03bf36b0c2e3b958a381d828678ab0ffc5e