Subject: CVE-2021-47372: net: macb: fix use after free on rmmod

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: macb: fix use after free on rmmod

plat_dev->dev->platform_data is released by platform_device_unregister(),
use of pclk and hclk is a use-after-free. Since device unregister won't
need a clk device we adjust the function call sequence to fix this issue.

[   31.261225] BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in macb_remove+0x77/0xc6 [macb_pci]
[   31.275563] Freed by task 306:
[   30.276782]  platform_device_release+0x25/0x80

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47372 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.14.249 with commit a7d521cc726f
	Fixed in 4.19.209 with commit 46670fb832ee
	Fixed in 5.4.150 with commit 1da750d1e214
	Fixed in 5.10.70 with commit 7721221e87d2
	Fixed in 5.14.9 with commit 4ad6f2d23b0f
	Fixed in 5.15 with commit d82d5303c4c5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47372
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/cadence/macb_pci.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a7d521cc726f30b8e679a6f36d04b18a8ab3c536
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/46670fb832ee80943715df618632ca13c2e96f2b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1da750d1e2140ef43d64d17f301ff6f41b45541e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7721221e87d25c9840d9ca6b986dbdc410d5ce2b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ad6f2d23b0f6ac0d3e5f3102a4256d1c86c90f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d82d5303c4c539db86588ffb5dc5b26c3f1513e8