Subject: CVE-2021-47370: mptcp: ensure tx skbs always have the MPTCP ext

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mptcp: ensure tx skbs always have the MPTCP ext

Due to signed/unsigned comparison, the expression:

	info->size_goal - skb->len > 0

evaluates to true when the size goal is smaller than the
skb size. That results in lack of tx cache refill, so that
the skb allocated by the core TCP code lacks the required
MPTCP skb extensions.

Due to the above, syzbot is able to trigger the following WARN_ON():

WARNING: CPU: 1 PID: 810 at net/mptcp/protocol.c:1366 mptcp_sendmsg_frag+0x1362/0x1bc0 net/mptcp/protocol.c:1366
Modules linked in:
CPU: 1 PID: 810 Comm: syz-executor.4 Not tainted 5.14.0-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:mptcp_sendmsg_frag+0x1362/0x1bc0 net/mptcp/protocol.c:1366
Code: ff 4c 8b 74 24 50 48 8b 5c 24 58 e9 0f fb ff ff e8 13 44 8b f8 4c 89 e7 45 31 ed e8 98 57 2e fe e9 81 f4 ff ff e8 fe 43 8b f8 <0f> 0b 41 bd ea ff ff ff e9 6f f4 ff ff 4c 89 e7 e8 b9 8e d2 f8 e9
RSP: 0018:ffffc9000531f6a0 EFLAGS: 00010216
RAX: 000000000000697f RBX: 0000000000000000 RCX: ffffc90012107000
RDX: 0000000000040000 RSI: ffffffff88eac9e2 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: ffff888078b15780 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: ffffffff88eac017 R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffff88801de0a280
R13: 0000000000006b58 R14: ffff888066278280 R15: ffff88803c2fe9c0
FS:  00007fd9f866e700(0000) GS:ffff8880b9d00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007faebcb2f718 CR3: 00000000267cb000 CR4: 00000000001506e0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 __mptcp_push_pending+0x1fb/0x6b0 net/mptcp/protocol.c:1547
 mptcp_release_cb+0xfe/0x210 net/mptcp/protocol.c:3003
 release_sock+0xb4/0x1b0 net/core/sock.c:3206
 sk_stream_wait_memory+0x604/0xed0 net/core/stream.c:145
 mptcp_sendmsg+0xc39/0x1bc0 net/mptcp/protocol.c:1749
 inet6_sendmsg+0x99/0xe0 net/ipv6/af_inet6.c:643
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:704 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:724
 sock_write_iter+0x2a0/0x3e0 net/socket.c:1057
 call_write_iter include/linux/fs.h:2163 [inline]
 new_sync_write+0x40b/0x640 fs/read_write.c:507
 vfs_write+0x7cf/0xae0 fs/read_write.c:594
 ksys_write+0x1ee/0x250 fs/read_write.c:647
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae
RIP: 0033:0x4665f9
Code: ff ff c3 66 2e 0f 1f 84 00 00 00 00 00 0f 1f 40 00 48 89 f8 48 89 f7 48 89 d6 48 89 ca 4d 89 c2 4d 89 c8 4c 8b 4c 24 08 0f 05 <48> 3d 01 f0 ff ff 73 01 c3 48 c7 c1 bc ff ff ff f7 d8 64 89 01 48
RSP: 002b:00007fd9f866e188 EFLAGS: 00000246 ORIG_RAX: 0000000000000001
RAX: ffffffffffffffda RBX: 000000000056c038 RCX: 00000000004665f9
RDX: 00000000000e7b78 RSI: 0000000020000000 RDI: 0000000000000003
RBP: 00000000004bfcc4 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000246 R12: 000000000056c038
R13: 0000000000a9fb1f R14: 00007fd9f866e300 R15: 0000000000022000

Fix the issue rewriting the relevant expression to avoid
sign-related problems - note: size_goal is always >= 0.

Additionally, ensure that the skb in the tx cache always carries
the relevant extension.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47370 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14.7 with commit e35820fb5641 and fixed in 5.14.9 with commit f8ff625a8082

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47370
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mptcp/protocol.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f8ff625a8082db8c2b58dcb5229b27928943b94b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/977d293e23b48a1129830d7968605f61c4af71a0