Subject: CVE-2021-47363: nexthop: Fix division by zero while replacing a resilient group

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nexthop: Fix division by zero while replacing a resilient group

The resilient nexthop group torture tests in fib_nexthop.sh exposed a
possible division by zero while replacing a resilient group [1]. The
division by zero occurs when the data path sees a resilient nexthop
group with zero buckets.

The tests replace a resilient nexthop group in a loop while traffic is
forwarded through it. The tests do not specify the number of buckets
while performing the replacement, resulting in the kernel allocating a
stub resilient table (i.e, 'struct nh_res_table') with zero buckets.

This table should never be visible to the data path, but the old nexthop
group (i.e., 'oldg') might still be used by the data path when the stub
table is assigned to it.

Fix this by only assigning the stub table to the old nexthop group after
making sure the group is no longer used by the data path.

Tested with fib_nexthops.sh:

Tests passed: 222
Tests failed:   0

[1]
 divide error: 0000 [#1] PREEMPT SMP KASAN
 CPU: 0 PID: 1850 Comm: ping Not tainted 5.14.0-custom-10271-ga86eb53057fe #1107
 Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996), BIOS 1.14.0-4.fc34 04/01/2014
 RIP: 0010:nexthop_select_path+0x2d2/0x1a80
[...]
 Call Trace:
  fib_select_multipath+0x79b/0x1530
  fib_select_path+0x8fb/0x1c10
  ip_route_output_key_hash_rcu+0x1198/0x2da0
  ip_route_output_key_hash+0x190/0x340
  ip_route_output_flow+0x21/0x120
  raw_sendmsg+0x91d/0x2e10
  inet_sendmsg+0x9e/0xe0
  __sys_sendto+0x23d/0x360
  __x64_sys_sendto+0xe1/0x1b0
  do_syscall_64+0x35/0x80
  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47363 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 283a72a5599e and fixed in 5.14.9 with commit e9d32ec26e7f
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 283a72a5599e and fixed in 5.15 with commit 563f23b00253

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47363
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ipv4/nexthop.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e9d32ec26e7f01d1af13bdc687f586362546aa25
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/563f23b002534176f49524b5ca0e1d94d8906c40