Subject: CVE-2021-47352: virtio-net: Add validation for used length

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

virtio-net: Add validation for used length

This adds validation for used length (might come
from an untrusted device) to avoid data corruption
or loss.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47352 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.51 with commit c92298d228f6
	Fixed in 5.12.18 with commit 3133e01514c3
	Fixed in 5.13.3 with commit ba710baa1cc1
	Fixed in 5.14 with commit ad993a95c508

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47352
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/virtio_net.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c92298d228f61589dd21657af2bea95fc866b813
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3133e01514c3c498f2b01ff210ee6134b70c663c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ba710baa1cc1b17a0483f7befe03e696efd17292
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ad993a95c508417acdeb15244109e009e50d8758