Subject: CVE-2021-47292: io_uring: fix memleak in io_init_wq_offload()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

io_uring: fix memleak in io_init_wq_offload()

I got memory leak report when doing fuzz test:

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff888107310a80 (size 96):
comm "syz-executor.6", pid 4610, jiffies 4295140240 (age 20.135s)
hex dump (first 32 bytes):
01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................
00 00 00 00 ad 4e ad de ff ff ff ff 00 00 00 00 .....N..........
backtrace:
[<000000001974933b>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:591 [inline]
[<000000001974933b>] kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:721 [inline]
[<000000001974933b>] io_init_wq_offload fs/io_uring.c:7920 [inline]
[<000000001974933b>] io_uring_alloc_task_context+0x466/0x640 fs/io_uring.c:7955
[<0000000039d0800d>] __io_uring_add_tctx_node+0x256/0x360 fs/io_uring.c:9016
[<000000008482e78c>] io_uring_add_tctx_node fs/io_uring.c:9052 [inline]
[<000000008482e78c>] __do_sys_io_uring_enter fs/io_uring.c:9354 [inline]
[<000000008482e78c>] __se_sys_io_uring_enter fs/io_uring.c:9301 [inline]
[<000000008482e78c>] __x64_sys_io_uring_enter+0xabc/0xc20 fs/io_uring.c:9301
[<00000000b875f18f>] do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
[<00000000b875f18f>] do_syscall_64+0x3b/0x90 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
[<000000006b0a8484>] entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae

CPU0                          CPU1
io_uring_enter                io_uring_enter
io_uring_add_tctx_node        io_uring_add_tctx_node
__io_uring_add_tctx_node      __io_uring_add_tctx_node
io_uring_alloc_task_context   io_uring_alloc_task_context
io_init_wq_offload            io_init_wq_offload
hash = kzalloc                hash = kzalloc
ctx->hash_map = hash          ctx->hash_map = hash <- one of the hash is leaked

When calling io_uring_enter() in parallel, the 'hash_map' will be leaked,
add uring_lock to protect 'hash_map'.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47292 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit e941894eae31 and fixed in 5.13.6 with commit 502731a03f27
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit e941894eae31 and fixed in 5.14 with commit 362a9e652892

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47292
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/io_uring.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/502731a03f27cba1513fbbff77e508185ffce5bb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/362a9e65289284f36403058eea2462d0330c1f24