Subject: CVE-2021-47287: driver core: auxiliary bus: Fix memory leak when driver_register() fail

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

driver core: auxiliary bus: Fix memory leak when driver_register() fail

If driver_register() returns with error we need to free the memory
allocated for auxdrv->driver.name before returning from
__auxiliary_driver_register()

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47287 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 7de3697e9cbd and fixed in 5.13.6 with commit ce5b3de58fc2
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 7de3697e9cbd and fixed in 5.14 with commit 4afa0c22eed3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47287
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/base/auxiliary.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ce5b3de58fc21303722df46551f7eb9a91afb409
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4afa0c22eed33cfe0c590742387f0d16f32412f3