Subject: CVE-2021-47264: ASoC: core: Fix Null-point-dereference in fmt_single_name()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: core: Fix Null-point-dereference in fmt_single_name()

Check the return value of devm_kstrdup() in case of
Null-point-dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47264 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 45dd9943fce0 and fixed in 5.10.44 with commit 0e2c9aeb0028
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 45dd9943fce0 and fixed in 5.12.11 with commit 047fd16015a7
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 45dd9943fce0 and fixed in 5.13 with commit 41daf6ba594d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47264
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/soc-core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0e2c9aeb00289f279b8181fbd4c20765127d8943
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/047fd16015a79180771650aa6ce71f68b2c23368
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/41daf6ba594d55f201c50280ebcd430590441da1