Subject: CVE-2021-47180: NFC: nci: fix memory leak in nci_allocate_device

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

NFC: nci: fix memory leak in nci_allocate_device

nfcmrvl_disconnect fails to free the hci_dev field in struct nci_dev.
Fix this by freeing hci_dev in nci_free_device.

BUG: memory leak
unreferenced object 0xffff888111ea6800 (size 1024):
  comm "kworker/1:0", pid 19, jiffies 4294942308 (age 13.580s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 60 fd 0c 81 88 ff ff  .........`......
    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00  ................
  backtrace:
    [<000000004bc25d43>] kmalloc include/linux/slab.h:552 [inline]
    [<000000004bc25d43>] kzalloc include/linux/slab.h:682 [inline]
    [<000000004bc25d43>] nci_hci_allocate+0x21/0xd0 net/nfc/nci/hci.c:784
    [<00000000c59cff92>] nci_allocate_device net/nfc/nci/core.c:1170 [inline]
    [<00000000c59cff92>] nci_allocate_device+0x10b/0x160 net/nfc/nci/core.c:1132
    [<00000000006e0a8e>] nfcmrvl_nci_register_dev+0x10a/0x1c0 drivers/nfc/nfcmrvl/main.c:153
    [<000000004da1b57e>] nfcmrvl_probe+0x223/0x290 drivers/nfc/nfcmrvl/usb.c:345
    [<00000000d506aed9>] usb_probe_interface+0x177/0x370 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:396
    [<00000000bc632c92>] really_probe+0x159/0x4a0 drivers/base/dd.c:554
    [<00000000f5009125>] driver_probe_device+0x84/0x100 drivers/base/dd.c:740
    [<000000000ce658ca>] __device_attach_driver+0xee/0x110 drivers/base/dd.c:846
    [<000000007067d05f>] bus_for_each_drv+0xb7/0x100 drivers/base/bus.c:431
    [<00000000f8e13372>] __device_attach+0x122/0x250 drivers/base/dd.c:914
    [<000000009cf68860>] bus_probe_device+0xc6/0xe0 drivers/base/bus.c:491
    [<00000000359c965a>] device_add+0x5be/0xc30 drivers/base/core.c:3109
    [<00000000086e4bd3>] usb_set_configuration+0x9d9/0xb90 drivers/usb/core/message.c:2164
    [<00000000ca036872>] usb_generic_driver_probe+0x8c/0xc0 drivers/usb/core/generic.c:238
    [<00000000d40d36f6>] usb_probe_device+0x5c/0x140 drivers/usb/core/driver.c:293
    [<00000000bc632c92>] really_probe+0x159/0x4a0 drivers/base/dd.c:554

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47180 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 4.4.271 with commit 448a1cb12977
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 4.9.271 with commit 4a621621c7af
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 4.14.235 with commit 2c2fb2df46ea
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 4.19.193 with commit 0365701bc44e
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 5.4.123 with commit af2a4426baf7
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 5.10.41 with commit b34cb7ac32cc
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 5.12.8 with commit 65234f50a90b
	Issue introduced in 4.0 with commit 11f54f228643 and fixed in 5.13 with commit e0652f8bb44d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47180
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	include/net/nfc/nci_core.h
	net/nfc/nci/core.c
	net/nfc/nci/hci.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/448a1cb12977f52142e6feb12022c59662d88dc1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4a621621c7af3cec21c47c349b30cd9c3cea11c8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2c2fb2df46ea866b49fea5ec7112ec3cd4896c74
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0365701bc44e078682ee1224866a71897495c7ef
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/af2a4426baf71163c0c354580ae98c7888a9aba7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b34cb7ac32cc8e5471dc773180ea9ae676b1a745
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/65234f50a90b64b335cbb9164b8a98c2a0d031dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0652f8bb44d6294eeeac06d703185357f25d50b