Subject: CVE-2021-47135: mt76: mt7921: fix possible AOOB issue in mt7921_mcu_tx_rate_report

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mt76: mt7921: fix possible AOOB issue in mt7921_mcu_tx_rate_report

Fix possible array out of bound access in mt7921_mcu_tx_rate_report.
Remove unnecessary varibable in mt7921_mcu_tx_rate_report

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47135 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 1c099ab44727 and fixed in 5.12.10 with commit 6919e8a24e70
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit 1c099ab44727 and fixed in 5.13 with commit d874e6c06952

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47135
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7921/mcu.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6919e8a24e70b6ba148fe07f44f835bcdd1a8d02
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d874e6c06952382897d35bf4094193cd44ae91bd