Subject: CVE-2021-47133: HID: amd_sfh: Fix memory leak in amd_sfh_work

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

HID: amd_sfh: Fix memory leak in amd_sfh_work

Kmemleak tool detected a memory leak in the amd_sfh driver.

====================
unreferenced object 0xffff88810228ada0 (size 32):
  comm "insmod", pid 3968, jiffies 4295056001 (age 775.792s)
  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
    00 20 73 1f 81 88 ff ff 00 01 00 00 00 00 ad de  . s.............
    22 01 00 00 00 00 ad de 01 00 02 00 00 00 00 00  "...............
  backtrace:
    [<000000007b4c8799>] kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x163/0x4f0
    [<0000000005326893>] amd_sfh_get_report+0xa4/0x1d0 [amd_sfh]
    [<000000002a9e5ec4>] amdtp_hid_request+0x62/0x80 [amd_sfh]
    [<00000000b8a95807>] sensor_hub_get_feature+0x145/0x270 [hid_sensor_hub]
    [<00000000fda054ee>] hid_sensor_parse_common_attributes+0x215/0x460 [hid_sensor_iio_common]
    [<0000000021279ecf>] hid_accel_3d_probe+0xff/0x4a0 [hid_sensor_accel_3d]
    [<00000000915760ce>] platform_probe+0x6a/0xd0
    [<0000000060258a1f>] really_probe+0x192/0x620
    [<00000000fa812f2d>] driver_probe_device+0x14a/0x1d0
    [<000000005e79f7fd>] __device_attach_driver+0xbd/0x110
    [<0000000070d15018>] bus_for_each_drv+0xfd/0x160
    [<0000000013a3c312>] __device_attach+0x18b/0x220
    [<000000008c7b4afc>] device_initial_probe+0x13/0x20
    [<00000000e6e99665>] bus_probe_device+0xfe/0x120
    [<00000000833fa90b>] device_add+0x6a6/0xe00
    [<00000000fa901078>] platform_device_add+0x180/0x380
====================

The fix is to freeing request_list entry once the processed entry is
removed from the request_list.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47133 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 4b2c53d93a4b and fixed in 5.12.10 with commit 29beadea66a2
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 4b2c53d93a4b and fixed in 5.13 with commit 5ad755fd2b32

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47133
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hid/amd-sfh-hid/amd_sfh_client.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/29beadea66a226d744d5ffdcde6b984623053d24
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5ad755fd2b326aa2bc8910b0eb351ee6aece21b1