Subject: CVE-2021-47083: pinctrl: mediatek: fix global-out-of-bounds issue

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

pinctrl: mediatek: fix global-out-of-bounds issue

When eint virtual eint number is greater than gpio number,
it maybe produce 'desc[eint_n]' size globle-out-of-bounds issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47083 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.169 with commit f373298e1bf0
	Fixed in 5.10.89 with commit 441d3873664d
	Fixed in 5.15.12 with commit fb563baa3eb8
	Fixed in 5.16 with commit 2d5446da5ace

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47083
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/pinctrl/mediatek/pinctrl-mtk-common-v2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f373298e1bf0c6ea097c0bcc558dc43ad53e421f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/441d3873664d170982922c5d2fc01fa89d9439ed
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fb563baa3eb8e7a15f2cff3c2695e2cca0493e69
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2d5446da5acecf9c67db1c9d55ae2c3e5de01f8d