Subject: CVE-2021-47082: tun: avoid double free in tun_free_netdev

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

tun: avoid double free in tun_free_netdev

Avoid double free in tun_free_netdev() by moving the
dev->tstats and tun->security allocs to a new ndo_init routine
(tun_net_init()) that will be called by register_netdevice().
ndo_init is paired with the desctructor (tun_free_netdev()),
so if there's an error in register_netdevice() the destructor
will handle the frees.

BUG: KASAN: double-free or invalid-free in selinux_tun_dev_free_security+0x1a/0x20 security/selinux/hooks.c:5605

CPU: 0 PID: 25750 Comm: syz-executor416 Not tainted 5.16.0-rc2-syzk #1
Hardware name: Red Hat KVM, BIOS
Call Trace:
<TASK>
__dump_stack lib/dump_stack.c:88 [inline]
dump_stack_lvl+0x89/0xb5 lib/dump_stack.c:106
print_address_description.constprop.9+0x28/0x160 mm/kasan/report.c:247
kasan_report_invalid_free+0x55/0x80 mm/kasan/report.c:372
____kasan_slab_free mm/kasan/common.c:346 [inline]
__kasan_slab_free+0x107/0x120 mm/kasan/common.c:374
kasan_slab_free include/linux/kasan.h:235 [inline]
slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1723 [inline]
slab_free_freelist_hook mm/slub.c:1749 [inline]
slab_free mm/slub.c:3513 [inline]
kfree+0xac/0x2d0 mm/slub.c:4561
selinux_tun_dev_free_security+0x1a/0x20 security/selinux/hooks.c:5605
security_tun_dev_free_security+0x4f/0x90 security/security.c:2342
tun_free_netdev+0xe6/0x150 drivers/net/tun.c:2215
netdev_run_todo+0x4df/0x840 net/core/dev.c:10627
rtnl_unlock+0x13/0x20 net/core/rtnetlink.c:112
__tun_chr_ioctl+0x80c/0x2870 drivers/net/tun.c:3302
tun_chr_ioctl+0x2f/0x40 drivers/net/tun.c:3311
vfs_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:51 [inline]
__do_sys_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:874 [inline]
__se_sys_ioctl fs/ioctl.c:860 [inline]
__x64_sys_ioctl+0x19d/0x220 fs/ioctl.c:860
do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
do_syscall_64+0x3a/0x80 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80
entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47082 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.280 with commit 8eb43d635950
	Fixed in 5.4.240 with commit 0c0e566f0387
	Fixed in 5.10.136 with commit a01a4e9f5dc9
	Fixed in 5.15.12 with commit 3cb5ae77799e
	Fixed in 5.16 with commit 158b515f703e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47082
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/tun.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8eb43d635950e27c29f1e9e49a23b31637f37757
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0c0e566f0387490d16f166808c72e9c772027681
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a01a4e9f5dc93335c716fa4023b1901956e8c904
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3cb5ae77799e8ed6ec3fec0b6b4cd07f01650cc5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/158b515f703e75e7d68289bf4d98c664e1d632df