Subject: CVE-2021-47079: platform/x86: ideapad-laptop: fix a NULL pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

platform/x86: ideapad-laptop: fix a NULL pointer dereference

The third parameter of dytc_cql_command should not be NULL since it will
be dereferenced immediately.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47079 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit ff36b0d953dc and fixed in 5.12.7 with commit beab753fe3b4
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit ff36b0d953dc and fixed in 5.13 with commit ff67dbd554b2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47079
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/platform/x86/ideapad-laptop.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/beab753fe3b4e087411a850a64c6cd748544d8a1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff67dbd554b2aaa22be933eced32610ff90209dd