Subject: CVE-2021-47074: nvme-loop: fix memory leak in nvme_loop_create_ctrl()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvme-loop: fix memory leak in nvme_loop_create_ctrl()

When creating loop ctrl in nvme_loop_create_ctrl(), if nvme_init_ctrl()
fails, the loop ctrl should be freed before jumping to the "out" label.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47074 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 3a85a5de29ea and fixed in 5.10.40 with commit 9c980795ccd7
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 3a85a5de29ea and fixed in 5.12.7 with commit 551ba08d4b7e
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 3a85a5de29ea and fixed in 5.13 with commit 03504e3b54cc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47074
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/target/loop.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9c980795ccd77e8abec33dd6fe28dfe1c4083e65
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/551ba08d4b7eb26f75758cdb9f15105b276517ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/03504e3b54cc8118cc26c064e60a0b00c2308708