Subject: CVE-2021-47036: udp: skip L4 aggregation for UDP tunnel packets

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

udp: skip L4 aggregation for UDP tunnel packets

If NETIF_F_GRO_FRAGLIST or NETIF_F_GRO_UDP_FWD are enabled, and there
are UDP tunnels available in the system, udp_gro_receive() could end-up
doing L4 aggregation (either SKB_GSO_UDP_L4 or SKB_GSO_FRAGLIST) at
the outer UDP tunnel level for packets effectively carrying and UDP
tunnel header.

That could cause inner protocol corruption. If e.g. the relevant
packets carry a vxlan header, different vxlan ids will be ignored/
aggregated to the same GSO packet. Inner headers will be ignored, too,
so that e.g. TCP over vxlan push packets will be held in the GRO
engine till the next flush, etc.

Just skip the SKB_GSO_UDP_L4 and SKB_GSO_FRAGLIST code path if the
current packet could land in a UDP tunnel, and let udp_gro_receive()
do GRO via udp_sk(sk)->gro_receive.

The check implemented in this patch is broader than what is strictly
needed, as the existing UDP tunnel could be e.g. configured on top of
a different device: we could end-up skipping GRO at-all for some packets.

Anyhow, that is a very thin corner case and covering it will add quite
a bit of complexity.

v1 -> v2:
 - hopefully clarify the commit message

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47036 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit 9fd1ff5d2ac7 and fixed in 5.12.4 with commit 450687386cd1
	Issue introduced in 5.6 with commit 9fd1ff5d2ac7 and fixed in 5.13 with commit 18f25dc39990

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47036
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ipv4/udp_offload.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/450687386cd16d081b58cd7a342acff370a96078
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/18f25dc399901426dff61e676ba603ff52c666f7