Subject: CVE-2021-46944: media: staging/intel-ipu3: Fix memory leak in imu_fmt

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: staging/intel-ipu3: Fix memory leak in imu_fmt

We are losing the reference to an allocated memory if try. Change the
order of the check to avoid that.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-46944 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 6d5f26f2e045 and fixed in 5.4.118 with commit ff792ae52005
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 6d5f26f2e045 and fixed in 5.10.36 with commit 517f6f570566
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 6d5f26f2e045 and fixed in 5.11.20 with commit 14d0e99c3ef6
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 6d5f26f2e045 and fixed in 5.12.3 with commit 74ba0adb5e98
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 6d5f26f2e045 and fixed in 5.13 with commit 3630901933af

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-46944
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/staging/media/ipu3/ipu3-v4l2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ff792ae52005c85a2d829c153e08d99a356e007d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/517f6f570566a863c2422b843c8b7d099474f6a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/14d0e99c3ef6b0648535a31bf2eaabb4eff97b9e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74ba0adb5e983503b18a96121d965cad34ac7ce3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3630901933afba1d16c462b04d569b7576339223