Subject: CVE-2021-46927: nitro_enclaves: Use get_user_pages_unlocked() call to handle mmap assert

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nitro_enclaves: Use get_user_pages_unlocked() call to handle mmap assert

After commit 5b78ed24e8ec ("mm/pagemap: add mmap_assert_locked()
annotations to find_vma*()"), the call to get_user_pages() will trigger
the mmap assert.

static inline void mmap_assert_locked(struct mm_struct *mm)
{
	lockdep_assert_held(&mm->mmap_lock);
	VM_BUG_ON_MM(!rwsem_is_locked(&mm->mmap_lock), mm);
}

[   62.521410] kernel BUG at include/linux/mmap_lock.h:156!
...........................................................
[   62.538938] RIP: 0010:find_vma+0x32/0x80
...........................................................
[   62.605889] Call Trace:
[   62.608502]  <TASK>
[   62.610956]  ? lock_timer_base+0x61/0x80
[   62.614106]  find_extend_vma+0x19/0x80
[   62.617195]  __get_user_pages+0x9b/0x6a0
[   62.620356]  __gup_longterm_locked+0x42d/0x450
[   62.623721]  ? finish_wait+0x41/0x80
[   62.626748]  ? __kmalloc+0x178/0x2f0
[   62.629768]  ne_set_user_memory_region_ioctl.isra.0+0x225/0x6a0 [nitro_enclaves]
[   62.635776]  ne_enclave_ioctl+0x1cf/0x6d7 [nitro_enclaves]
[   62.639541]  __x64_sys_ioctl+0x82/0xb0
[   62.642620]  do_syscall_64+0x3b/0x90
[   62.645642]  entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae

Use get_user_pages_unlocked() when setting the enclave memory regions.
That's a similar pattern as mmap_read_lock() used together with
get_user_pages().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-46927 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 5b78ed24e8ec and fixed in 5.15.13 with commit 90d2beed5e75
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 5b78ed24e8ec and fixed in 5.16 with commit 3a0152b21952

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-46927
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/virt/nitro_enclaves/ne_misc_dev.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/90d2beed5e753805c5eab656b8d48257638fe543
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3a0152b219523227c2a62a0a122cf99608287176