Subject: CVE-2024-50084: net: microchip: vcap api: Fix memory leaks in vcap_api_encode_rule_test()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: microchip: vcap api: Fix memory leaks in vcap_api_encode_rule_test()

Commit a3c1e45156ad ("net: microchip: vcap: Fix use-after-free error in
kunit test") fixed the use-after-free error, but introduced below
memory leaks by removing necessary vcap_free_rule(), add it to fix it.

	unreferenced object 0xffffff80ca58b700 (size 192):
	  comm "kunit_try_catch", pid 1215, jiffies 4294898264
	  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
	    00 12 7a 00 05 00 00 00 0a 00 00 00 64 00 00 00  ..z.........d...
	    00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 04 0b cc 80 ff ff ff  ................
	  backtrace (crc 9c09c3fe):
	    [<0000000052a0be73>] kmemleak_alloc+0x34/0x40
	    [<0000000043605459>] __kmalloc_cache_noprof+0x26c/0x2f4
	    [<0000000040a01b8d>] vcap_alloc_rule+0x3cc/0x9c4
	    [<000000003fe86110>] vcap_api_encode_rule_test+0x1ac/0x16b0
	    [<00000000b3595fc4>] kunit_try_run_case+0x13c/0x3ac
	    [<0000000010f5d2bf>] kunit_generic_run_threadfn_adapter+0x80/0xec
	    [<00000000c5d82c9a>] kthread+0x2e8/0x374
	    [<00000000f4287308>] ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20
	unreferenced object 0xffffff80cc0b0400 (size 64):
	  comm "kunit_try_catch", pid 1215, jiffies 4294898265
	  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
	    80 04 0b cc 80 ff ff ff 18 b7 58 ca 80 ff ff ff  ..........X.....
	    39 00 00 00 02 00 00 00 06 05 04 03 02 01 ff ff  9...............
	  backtrace (crc daf014e9):
	    [<0000000052a0be73>] kmemleak_alloc+0x34/0x40
	    [<0000000043605459>] __kmalloc_cache_noprof+0x26c/0x2f4
	    [<000000000ff63fd4>] vcap_rule_add_key+0x2cc/0x528
	    [<00000000dfdb1e81>] vcap_api_encode_rule_test+0x224/0x16b0
	    [<00000000b3595fc4>] kunit_try_run_case+0x13c/0x3ac
	    [<0000000010f5d2bf>] kunit_generic_run_threadfn_adapter+0x80/0xec
	    [<00000000c5d82c9a>] kthread+0x2e8/0x374
	    [<00000000f4287308>] ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20
	unreferenced object 0xffffff80cc0b0700 (size 64):
	  comm "kunit_try_catch", pid 1215, jiffies 4294898265
	  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
	    80 07 0b cc 80 ff ff ff 28 b7 58 ca 80 ff ff ff  ........(.X.....
	    3c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 2f 03 b3 ec ff ff ff  <......../......
	  backtrace (crc 8d877792):
	    [<0000000052a0be73>] kmemleak_alloc+0x34/0x40
	    [<0000000043605459>] __kmalloc_cache_noprof+0x26c/0x2f4
	    [<000000006eadfab7>] vcap_rule_add_action+0x2d0/0x52c
	    [<00000000323475d1>] vcap_api_encode_rule_test+0x4d4/0x16b0
	    [<00000000b3595fc4>] kunit_try_run_case+0x13c/0x3ac
	    [<0000000010f5d2bf>] kunit_generic_run_threadfn_adapter+0x80/0xec
	    [<00000000c5d82c9a>] kthread+0x2e8/0x374
	    [<00000000f4287308>] ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20
	unreferenced object 0xffffff80cc0b0900 (size 64):
	  comm "kunit_try_catch", pid 1215, jiffies 4294898266
	  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
	    80 09 0b cc 80 ff ff ff 80 06 0b cc 80 ff ff ff  ................
	    7d 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ff 00 00 00  }...............
	  backtrace (crc 34181e56):
	    [<0000000052a0be73>] kmemleak_alloc+0x34/0x40
	    [<0000000043605459>] __kmalloc_cache_noprof+0x26c/0x2f4
	    [<000000000ff63fd4>] vcap_rule_add_key+0x2cc/0x528
	    [<00000000991e3564>] vcap_val_rule+0xcf0/0x13e8
	    [<00000000fc9868e5>] vcap_api_encode_rule_test+0x678/0x16b0
	    [<00000000b3595fc4>] kunit_try_run_case+0x13c/0x3ac
	    [<0000000010f5d2bf>] kunit_generic_run_threadfn_adapter+0x80/0xec
	    [<00000000c5d82c9a>] kthread+0x2e8/0x374
	    [<00000000f4287308>] ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20
	unreferenced object 0xffffff80cc0b0980 (size 64):
	  comm "kunit_try_catch", pid 1215, jiffies 4294898266
	  hex dump (first 32 bytes):
	    18 b7 58 ca 80 ff ff ff 00 09 0b cc 80 ff ff ff  ..X.............
	    67 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 01 74 88 c0 ff ff ff  g.........t.....
	  backtrace (crc 275fd9be):
	    [<0000000052a0be73>] kmemleak_alloc+0x34/0x40
	    [<0000000043605459>] __kmalloc_cache_noprof+0x26c/0x2f4
	    [<000000000ff63fd4>] vcap_rule_add_key+0x2cc/0x528
	    [<000000001396a1a2>] test_add_def_fields+0xb0/0x100
	    [<000000006e7621f0>] vcap_val_rule+0xa98/0x13e8
	    [<00000000fc9868e5>] vcap_api_encode_rule_test+0x678/0x16b0
	    [<00000000b3595fc4>] kunit_try_run_case+0x13c/0x3ac
	    [<0000000010f5d2bf>] kunit_generic_run_threadfn_adapter+0x80/0xec
	    [<00000000c5d82c9a>] kthread+0x2e8/0x374
	    [<00000000f4287308>] ret_from_fork+0x10/0x20
	......

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-50084 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6.51 with commit b0804c286ccf and fixed in 6.6.58 with commit 20b5342de51b
	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit a3c1e45156ad and fixed in 6.11.5 with commit 170792097bb2
	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit a3c1e45156ad and fixed in 6.12-rc4 with commit 217a3d98d1e9
	Issue introduced in 6.10.10 with commit f7fe95f40c85

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-50084
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/microchip/vcap/vcap_api_kunit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/20b5342de51bda794791e013b90754774003a515
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/170792097bb21e5da77443b6a03d35489813eabe
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/217a3d98d1e9891a8b1438a27dfbc64ddf01f691