Subject: CVE-2024-49971: drm/amd/display: Increase array size of dummy_boolean

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Increase array size of dummy_boolean

[WHY]
dml2_core_shared_mode_support and dml_core_mode_support access the third
element of dummy_boolean, i.e. hw_debug5 = &s->dummy_boolean[2], when
dummy_boolean has size of 2. Any assignment to hw_debug5 causes an
OVERRUN.

[HOW]
Increase dummy_boolean's array size to 3.

This fixes 2 OVERRUN issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49971 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit e9e48b7bb9cf
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 6d64d3948619

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49971
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml2/dml21/src/dml2_core/dml2_core_shared_types.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e9e48b7bb9cf3b78f0305ef0144aaf61da0a83d8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6d64d39486197083497a01b39e23f2f8474b35d3