Subject: CVE-2024-49928: wifi: rtw89: avoid reading out of bounds when loading TX power FW elements

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: rtw89: avoid reading out of bounds when loading TX power FW elements

Because the loop-expression will do one more time before getting false from
cond-expression, the original code copied one more entry size beyond valid
region.

Fix it by moving the entry copy to loop-body.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49928 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 83c84cdb7557
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 4007c3d2da31
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit ed2e4bb17a48

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49928
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/realtek/rtw89/core.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/83c84cdb75572048b67d6a3916283aeac865996e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4007c3d2da31d0c755ea3fcf55e395118e5d5621
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed2e4bb17a4884cf29c3347353d8aabb7265b46c