Subject: CVE-2024-49922: drm/amd/display: Check null pointers before using them

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Check null pointers before using them

[WHAT & HOW]
These pointers are null checked previously in the same function,
indicating they might be null as reported by Coverity. As a result,
they need to be checked when used again.

This fixes 3 FORWARD_NULL issue reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-49922 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.14 with commit 65e1d2c29155
	Fixed in 6.11.3 with commit 5e9386baa303
	Fixed in 6.12-rc1 with commit 1ff12bcd7dea

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-49922
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/65e1d2c291553ef3f433a0b7109cc3002a5f40ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5e9386baa3033c369564d55de4bab62423e8a1d3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1ff12bcd7deaeed25efb5120433c6a45dd5504a8