Subject: CVE-2024-46792: riscv: misaligned: Restrict user access to kernel memory

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

riscv: misaligned: Restrict user access to kernel memory

raw_copy_{to,from}_user() do not call access_ok(), so this code allowed
userspace to access any virtual memory address.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46792 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 7c83232161f6 and fixed in 6.10.10 with commit a3b6ff6c896a
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 7c83232161f6 and fixed in 6.11 with commit b686ecdeacf6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46792
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/riscv/kernel/traps_misaligned.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a3b6ff6c896aee5ef9b581e40d0045ff04fcbc8c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b686ecdeacf6658e1348c1a32a08e2e72f7c0f00