Subject: CVE-2024-46702: thunderbolt: Mark XDomain as unplugged when router is removed

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

thunderbolt: Mark XDomain as unplugged when router is removed

I noticed that when we do discrete host router NVM upgrade and it gets
hot-removed from the PCIe side as a result of NVM firmware authentication,
if there is another host connected with enabled paths we hang in tearing
them down. This is due to fact that the Thunderbolt networking driver
also tries to cleanup the paths and ends up blocking in
tb_disconnect_xdomain_paths() waiting for the domain lock.

However, at this point we already cleaned the paths in tb_stop() so
there is really no need for tb_disconnect_xdomain_paths() to do that
anymore. Furthermore it already checks if the XDomain is unplugged and
bails out early so take advantage of that and mark the XDomain as
unplugged when we remove the parent router.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46702 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.225 with commit 747bc154577d
	Fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 23ce6ba3b954
	Fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 80ac8d194831
	Fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 18b3ad2a3cc8
	Fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 7ca24cf9163c
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit e2006140ad2e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46702
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/thunderbolt/switch.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/747bc154577de6e6af4bc99abfa859b8419bb4d8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/23ce6ba3b95488a2b9e9f6d43b340da0c15395dc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/80ac8d194831eca0c2f4fd862f7925532fda320c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/18b3ad2a3cc877dd4b16f48d84aa27b78d53bf1d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7ca24cf9163c112bb6b580c6fb57c04a1f8b76e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e2006140ad2e01a02ed0aff49cc2ae3ceeb11f8d