Subject: CVE-2024-46700: drm/amdgpu/mes: fix mes ring buffer overflow

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu/mes: fix mes ring buffer overflow

wait memory room until enough before writing mes packets
to avoid ring buffer overflow.

v2: squash in sched_hw_submission fix

(cherry picked from commit 34e087e8920e635c62e2ed6a758b0cd27f836d13)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46700 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.11 with commit de3246254156 and fixed in 6.10.8 with commit ed37550d7c51

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46700
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_ring.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/mes_v11_0.c
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/mes_v12_0.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed37550d7c516017c3b0324bdf144e2fa563ffb0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/11752c013f562a1124088a35bd314aa0e9f0e88f