Subject: CVE-2024-46692: firmware: qcom: scm: Mark get_wq_ctx() as atomic call

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

firmware: qcom: scm: Mark get_wq_ctx() as atomic call

Currently get_wq_ctx() is wrongly configured as a standard call. When two
SMC calls are in sleep and one SMC wakes up, it calls get_wq_ctx() to
resume the corresponding sleeping thread. But if get_wq_ctx() is
interrupted, goes to sleep and another SMC call is waiting to be allocated
a waitq context, it leads to a deadlock.

To avoid this get_wq_ctx() must be an atomic call and can't be a standard
SMC call. Hence mark get_wq_ctx() as a fast call.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-46692 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 6bf325992236 and fixed in 6.6.49 with commit cdf7efe4b02a
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 6bf325992236 and fixed in 6.10.8 with commit e40115c33c0d
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 6bf325992236 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 9960085a3a82

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-46692
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/firmware/qcom/qcom_scm-smc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cdf7efe4b02aa93813db0bf1ca596ad298ab6b06
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e40115c33c0d79c940545b6b12112aace7acd9f5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9960085a3a82c58d3323c1c20b991db6045063b0