Subject: CVE-2024-45018: netfilter: flowtable: initialise extack before use

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: flowtable: initialise extack before use

Fix missing initialisation of extack in flow offload.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-45018 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit c29f74e0df7a and fixed in 5.10.225 with commit e5ceff2196dc
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit c29f74e0df7a and fixed in 5.15.166 with commit 356beb911b63
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit c29f74e0df7a and fixed in 6.1.107 with commit 7eafeec6be68
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit c29f74e0df7a and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit c7b760499f77
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit c29f74e0df7a and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 119be227bc04
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit c29f74e0df7a and fixed in 6.11 with commit e9767137308d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-45018
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nf_flow_table_offload.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e5ceff2196dc633c995afb080f6f44a72cff6e1d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/356beb911b63a8cff34cb57f755c2a2d2ee9dec7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7eafeec6be68ebd6140a830ce9ae68ad5b67ec78
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c7b760499f7791352b49b11667ed04b23d7f5b0f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/119be227bc04f5035efa64cb823b8a5ca5e2d1c1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e9767137308daf906496613fd879808a07f006a2