Subject: CVE-2024-44996: vsock: fix recursive ->recvmsg calls

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

vsock: fix recursive ->recvmsg calls

After a vsock socket has been added to a BPF sockmap, its prot->recvmsg
has been replaced with vsock_bpf_recvmsg(). Thus the following
recursiion could happen:

vsock_bpf_recvmsg()
 -> __vsock_recvmsg()
  -> vsock_connectible_recvmsg()
   -> prot->recvmsg()
    -> vsock_bpf_recvmsg() again

We need to fix it by calling the original ->recvmsg() without any BPF
sockmap logic in __vsock_recvmsg().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44996 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 634f1a7110b4 and fixed in 6.6.48 with commit 921f1acf0c3c
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 634f1a7110b4 and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit b4ee8cf1acc5
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 634f1a7110b4 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 69139d2919dd

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44996
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	include/net/af_vsock.h
	net/vmw_vsock/af_vsock.c
	net/vmw_vsock/vsock_bpf.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/921f1acf0c3cf6b1260ab57a8a6e8b3d5f3023d5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4ee8cf1acc5018ed1369150d7bb3e0d0f79e135
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69139d2919dd4aa9a553c8245e7c63e82613e3fc