Subject: CVE-2024-44945: netfilter: nfnetlink: Initialise extack before use in ACKs

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nfnetlink: Initialise extack before use in ACKs

Add missing extack initialisation when ACKing BATCH_BEGIN and BATCH_END.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44945 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit bf2ac490d28c and fixed in 6.10.7 with commit 3e03b536d945
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit bf2ac490d28c and fixed in 6.11 with commit d1a7b382a9d3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44945
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nfnetlink.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3e03b536d9454c5802168b9e85248d456d3ff6a3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d1a7b382a9d3f0f3e5a80e0be2991c075fa4f618