Subject: CVE-2024-44942: f2fs: fix to do sanity check on F2FS_INLINE_DATA flag in inode during GC

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

f2fs: fix to do sanity check on F2FS_INLINE_DATA flag in inode during GC

syzbot reports a f2fs bug as below:

------------[ cut here ]------------
kernel BUG at fs/f2fs/inline.c:258!
CPU: 1 PID: 34 Comm: kworker/u8:2 Not tainted 6.9.0-rc6-syzkaller-00012-g9e4bc4bcae01 #0
RIP: 0010:f2fs_write_inline_data+0x781/0x790 fs/f2fs/inline.c:258
Call Trace:
 f2fs_write_single_data_page+0xb65/0x1d60 fs/f2fs/data.c:2834
 f2fs_write_cache_pages fs/f2fs/data.c:3133 [inline]
 __f2fs_write_data_pages fs/f2fs/data.c:3288 [inline]
 f2fs_write_data_pages+0x1efe/0x3a90 fs/f2fs/data.c:3315
 do_writepages+0x35b/0x870 mm/page-writeback.c:2612
 __writeback_single_inode+0x165/0x10b0 fs/fs-writeback.c:1650
 writeback_sb_inodes+0x905/0x1260 fs/fs-writeback.c:1941
 wb_writeback+0x457/0xce0 fs/fs-writeback.c:2117
 wb_do_writeback fs/fs-writeback.c:2264 [inline]
 wb_workfn+0x410/0x1090 fs/fs-writeback.c:2304
 process_one_work kernel/workqueue.c:3254 [inline]
 process_scheduled_works+0xa12/0x17c0 kernel/workqueue.c:3335
 worker_thread+0x86d/0xd70 kernel/workqueue.c:3416
 kthread+0x2f2/0x390 kernel/kthread.c:388
 ret_from_fork+0x4d/0x80 arch/x86/kernel/process.c:147
 ret_from_fork_asm+0x1a/0x30 arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:244

The root cause is: inline_data inode can be fuzzed, so that there may
be valid blkaddr in its direct node, once f2fs triggers background GC
to migrate the block, it will hit f2fs_bug_on() during dirty page
writeback.

Let's add sanity check on F2FS_INLINE_DATA flag in inode during GC,
so that, it can forbid migrating inline_data inode's data block for
fixing.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44942 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.6.47 with commit ae00e6536a2d
	Fixed in 6.10.6 with commit 26c07775fb5d
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit fc01008c92f4

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44942
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/f2fs/gc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ae00e6536a2dd54b64b39e9a39548870cf835745
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/26c07775fb5dc74351d1c3a2bc3cdf609b03e49f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fc01008c92f40015aeeced94750855a7111b6929