Subject: CVE-2024-44936: power: supply: rt5033: Bring back i2c_set_clientdata

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

power: supply: rt5033: Bring back i2c_set_clientdata

Commit 3a93da231c12 ("power: supply: rt5033: Use devm_power_supply_register() helper")
reworked the driver to use devm. While at it, the i2c_set_clientdata
was dropped along with the remove callback. Unfortunately other parts
of the driver also rely on i2c clientdata so this causes kernel oops.

Bring the call back to fix the driver.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-44936 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 3a93da231c12 and fixed in 6.10.5 with commit 3c5d0871b0af
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 3a93da231c12 and fixed in 6.11 with commit d3911f1639e6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-44936
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/power/supply/rt5033_battery.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3c5d0871b0af0184abc6f7f52f8705b39a6251ae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d3911f1639e67fc7b12aae0efa5a540976d7443b