Subject: CVE-2024-43913: nvme: apple: fix device reference counting

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvme: apple: fix device reference counting

Drivers must call nvme_uninit_ctrl after a successful nvme_init_ctrl.
Split the allocation side out to make the error handling boundary easier
to navigate. The apple driver had been doing this wrong, leaking the
controller device memory on a tagset failure.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43913 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit d59c4d0eb6ad
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit b9ecbfa45516

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43913
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/host/apple.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d59c4d0eb6adc24c2201f153ccb7fd0a335b0d3d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b9ecbfa45516182cd062fecd286db7907ba84210