Subject: CVE-2024-43902: drm/amd/display: Add null checker before passing variables

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Add null checker before passing variables

Checks null pointer before passing variables to functions.

This fixes 3 NULL_RETURNS issues reported by Coverity.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43902 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.165 with commit d0b8b23b9c2e
	Fixed in 6.1.105 with commit 83c7f509ef08
	Fixed in 6.6.46 with commit 4cc2a94d96ca
	Fixed in 6.10.5 with commit 1686675405d0
	Fixed in 6.11 with commit 8092aa3ab8f7

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43902
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/amdgpu_dm/amdgpu_dm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0b8b23b9c2ebec693a36fea518d8f13493ad655
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/83c7f509ef087041604e9572938f82e18b724c9d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4cc2a94d96caeb3c975acdae7351c2f997c32175
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1686675405d07f35eae7ff3d13a530034b899df2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8092aa3ab8f7b737a34b71f91492c676a843043a