Subject: CVE-2024-43838: bpf: fix overflow check in adjust_jmp_off()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bpf: fix overflow check in adjust_jmp_off()

adjust_jmp_off() incorrectly used the insn->imm field for all overflow check,
which is incorrect as that should only be done or the BPF_JMP32 | BPF_JA case,
not the general jump instruction case. Fix it by using insn->off for overflow
check in the general case.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43838 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 5337ac4c9b80 and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 345652866a88
	Issue introduced in 6.10 with commit 5337ac4c9b80 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 4a04b4f0de59
	Issue introduced in 6.9.8 with commit e47a1a791d32

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43838
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	kernel/bpf/verifier.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/345652866a8869825a2a582ee5a28d75141f184a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4a04b4f0de59dd5c621e78f15803ee0b0544eeb8