Subject: CVE-2024-43827: drm/amd/display: Add null check before access structs

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: Add null check before access structs

In enable_phantom_plane, we should better check null pointer before
accessing various structs.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-43827 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 09a4ec5da92c and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 081ff4c0ef18
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit 09a4ec5da92c and fixed in 6.11 with commit c96140000915

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-43827
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml2/dml2_mall_phantom.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/081ff4c0ef1884ae55f7adb8944efd22e22d8724
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c96140000915b610d86f941450e15ca552de154a