Subject: CVE-2024-42276: nvme-pci: add missing condition check for existence of mapped data

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvme-pci: add missing condition check for existence of mapped data

nvme_map_data() is called when request has physical segments, hence
the nvme_unmap_data() should have same condition to avoid dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42276 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 4aedb705437f and fixed in 5.4.282 with commit 3f8ec1d6b0eb
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 4aedb705437f and fixed in 5.10.224 with commit be23ae63080e
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 4aedb705437f and fixed in 5.15.165 with commit 7cc1f4cd90a0
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 4aedb705437f and fixed in 6.1.103 with commit d135c3352f7c
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 4aedb705437f and fixed in 6.6.44 with commit 77848b379e9f
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 4aedb705437f and fixed in 6.10.3 with commit 70100fe72184
	Issue introduced in 5.2 with commit 4aedb705437f and fixed in 6.11 with commit c31fad147038

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42276
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/host/pci.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3f8ec1d6b0ebd8268307d52be8301973fa5a01ec
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be23ae63080e0bf9e246ab20207200bca6585eba
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7cc1f4cd90a00b6191cb8cda2d1302fdce59361c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d135c3352f7c947a922da93c8e763ee6bc208b64
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/77848b379e9f85a08048a2c8b3b4a7e8396f5f83
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/70100fe721840bf6d8e5abd25b8bffe4d2e049b7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c31fad1470389666ac7169fe43aa65bf5b7e2cfd