Subject: CVE-2024-42260: drm/v3d: Validate passed in drm syncobj handles in the performance extension

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/v3d: Validate passed in drm syncobj handles in the performance extension

If userspace provides an unknown or invalid handle anywhere in the handle
array the rest of the driver will not handle that well.

Fix it by checking handle was looked up successfully or otherwise fail the
extension by jumping into the existing unwind.

(cherry picked from commit a546b7e4d73c23838d7e4d2c92882b3ca902d213)

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42260 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit bae7cb5d6800 and fixed in 6.10.4 with commit 5d4aa25f47cd
	Issue introduced in 6.8 with commit bae7cb5d6800 and fixed in 6.11 with commit 4ecc24a84d7e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42260
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/v3d/v3d_submit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d4aa25f47cd05e9eeac272906588728588605dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ecc24a84d7e0254efd150ec23e0b89638386516