Subject: CVE-2024-42113: net: txgbe: initialize num_q_vectors for MSI/INTx interrupts

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: txgbe: initialize num_q_vectors for MSI/INTx interrupts

When using MSI/INTx interrupts, wx->num_q_vectors is uninitialized.
Thus there will be kernel panic in wx_alloc_q_vectors() to allocate
queue vectors.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42113 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 3f703186113f and fixed in 6.6.39 with commit 9edc7a83cd40
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 3f703186113f and fixed in 6.9.9 with commit c98969226d1f
	Issue introduced in 6.3 with commit 3f703186113f and fixed in 6.10 with commit 7c36711a2cd8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42113
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/wangxun/libwx/wx_lib.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9edc7a83cd40ac96ff14fe3a17a38f7ace6611df
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c98969226d1fe0c1dd779db8b1c444bc5294fc83
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7c36711a2cd8059c2d24f5e5c1d76e8ea2d5613c