Subject: CVE-2024-42093: net/dpaa2: Avoid explicit cpumask var allocation on stack

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/dpaa2: Avoid explicit cpumask var allocation on stack

For CONFIG_CPUMASK_OFFSTACK=y kernel, explicit allocation of cpumask
variable on stack is not recommended since it can cause potential stack
overflow.

Instead, kernel code should always use *cpumask_var API(s) to allocate
cpumask var in config-neutral way, leaving allocation strategy to
CONFIG_CPUMASK_OFFSTACK.

Use *cpumask_var API(s) to address it.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42093 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.4.279 with commit b2262b3be27c
	Fixed in 5.10.221 with commit 763896ab62a6
	Fixed in 5.15.162 with commit a55afc0f5f20
	Fixed in 6.1.97 with commit 48147337d7ef
	Fixed in 6.6.37 with commit 69f49527aea1
	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit 5e4f25091e6d
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit d33fe1714a44

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42093
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/freescale/dpaa2/dpaa2-eth.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b2262b3be27cee334a2fa175ae3afb53f38fb0b1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/763896ab62a672d728f5eb10ac90d98c607a8509
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a55afc0f5f20ba30970aaf7271929dc00eee5e7d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/48147337d7efdea6ad6e49f5b8eb894b95868ef0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/69f49527aea12c23b78fb3d0a421950bf44fb4e2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5e4f25091e6d06e99a23f724c839a58a8776a527
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d33fe1714a44ff540629b149d8fab4ac6967585c