Subject: CVE-2024-42074: ASoC: amd: acp: add a null check for chip_pdev structure

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: amd: acp: add a null check for chip_pdev structure

When acp platform device creation is skipped, chip->chip_pdev value will
remain NULL. Add NULL check for chip->chip_pdev structure in
snd_acp_resume() function to avoid null pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42074 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 088a40980efb and fixed in 6.6.37 with commit e158ed266fc1
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 088a40980efb and fixed in 6.9.8 with commit b0c39ae1cc86
	Issue introduced in 6.6 with commit 088a40980efb and fixed in 6.10 with commit 98d919dfee1c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42074
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/amd/acp/acp-pci.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e158ed266fc1adfa456880fb6dabce2e5623843b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b0c39ae1cc86afe74aa2f6273ccb514f8d180cf6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98d919dfee1cc402ca29d45da642852d7c9a2301