Subject: CVE-2024-42069: net: mana: Fix possible double free in error handling path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: mana: Fix possible double free in error handling path

When auxiliary_device_add() returns error and then calls
auxiliary_device_uninit(), callback function adev_release
calls kfree(madev). We shouldn't call kfree(madev) again
in the error handling path. Set 'madev' to NULL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42069 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit a69839d4327d and fixed in 6.6.37 with commit 3243e64eb4d8
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit a69839d4327d and fixed in 6.9.8 with commit ed45c0a0b662
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit a69839d4327d and fixed in 6.10 with commit 1864b8224195

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42069
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/microsoft/mana/mana_en.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3243e64eb4d897c3eeb48b2a7221ab5a95e1282a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ed45c0a0b662079d4c0e518014cc148c753979b4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1864b8224195d0e43ddb92a8151f54f6562090cc