Subject: CVE-2024-42065: drm/xe: Add a NULL check in xe_ttm_stolen_mgr_init

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/xe: Add a NULL check in xe_ttm_stolen_mgr_init

Add an explicit check to ensure that the mgr is not NULL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42065 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit cc796a77985d
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit a6eff8f9c7e8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42065
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/xe/xe_ttm_stolen_mgr.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cc796a77985d6af75c9362cb2e73dce4ae3f97cd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a6eff8f9c7e844cb24ccb188ca24abcd59734e74