Subject: CVE-2024-42063: bpf: Mark bpf prog stack with kmsan_unposion_memory in interpreter mode

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bpf: Mark bpf prog stack with kmsan_unposion_memory in interpreter mode

syzbot reported uninit memory usages during map_{lookup,delete}_elem.

==========
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in __dev_map_lookup_elem kernel/bpf/devmap.c:441 [inline]
BUG: KMSAN: uninit-value in dev_map_lookup_elem+0xf3/0x170 kernel/bpf/devmap.c:796
__dev_map_lookup_elem kernel/bpf/devmap.c:441 [inline]
dev_map_lookup_elem+0xf3/0x170 kernel/bpf/devmap.c:796
____bpf_map_lookup_elem kernel/bpf/helpers.c:42 [inline]
bpf_map_lookup_elem+0x5c/0x80 kernel/bpf/helpers.c:38
___bpf_prog_run+0x13fe/0xe0f0 kernel/bpf/core.c:1997
__bpf_prog_run256+0xb5/0xe0 kernel/bpf/core.c:2237
==========

The reproducer should be in the interpreter mode.

The C reproducer is trying to run the following bpf prog:

    0: (18) r0 = 0x0
    2: (18) r1 = map[id:49]
    4: (b7) r8 = 16777216
    5: (7b) *(u64 *)(r10 -8) = r8
    6: (bf) r2 = r10
    7: (07) r2 += -229
            ^^^^^^^^^^

    8: (b7) r3 = 8
    9: (b7) r4 = 0
   10: (85) call dev_map_lookup_elem#1543472
   11: (95) exit

It is due to the "void *key" (r2) passed to the helper. bpf allows uninit
stack memory access for bpf prog with the right privileges. This patch
uses kmsan_unpoison_memory() to mark the stack as initialized.

This should address different syzbot reports on the uninit "void *key"
argument during map_{lookup,delete}_elem.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-42063 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.97 with commit b30f3197a6cd
	Fixed in 6.6.37 with commit d812ae6e02bd
	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit 3189983c2610
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit e8742081db7d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-42063
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	kernel/bpf/core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b30f3197a6cd080052d5d4973f9a6b479fd9fff5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d812ae6e02bd6e6a9cd1fdb09519c2f33e875faf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3189983c26108cf0990e5c46856dc9feb9470d12
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e8742081db7d01f980c6161ae1e8a1dbc1e30979