Subject: CVE-2024-41093: drm/amdgpu: avoid using null object of framebuffer

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: avoid using null object of framebuffer

Instead of using state->fb->obj[0] directly, get object from framebuffer
by calling drm_gem_fb_get_obj() and return error code when object is
null to avoid using null object of framebuffer.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41093 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.162 with commit 7f35e01cb0ea
	Fixed in 6.1.97 with commit 6ce0544cabaa
	Fixed in 6.6.37 with commit 330c8c145384
	Fixed in 6.9.8 with commit dd9ec0ea4cdd
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit bcfa48ff785b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41093
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vkms.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7f35e01cb0ea4d295f5c067bb5c67dfcddaf05bc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6ce0544cabaa608018d5922ab404dc656a9d8447
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/330c8c1453848c04d335bad81371a66710210800
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd9ec0ea4cdde0fc48116e63969fc83e81d7ef46
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bcfa48ff785bd121316592b131ff6531e3e696bb