Subject: CVE-2024-41081: ila: block BH in ila_output()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ila: block BH in ila_output()

As explained in commit 1378817486d6 ("tipc: block BH
before using dst_cache"), net/core/dst_cache.c
helpers need to be called with BH disabled.

ila_output() is called from lwtunnel_output()
possibly from process context, and under rcu_read_lock().

We might be interrupted by a softirq, re-enter ila_output()
and corrupt dst_cache data structures.

Fix the race by using local_bh_disable().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41081 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.19.319 with commit 7435bd2f84a2
	Fixed in 5.4.281 with commit 96103371091c
	Fixed in 5.10.223 with commit a0cafb7b0b94
	Fixed in 5.15.164 with commit feac2391e26b
	Fixed in 6.1.101 with commit b4eb25a3d70d
	Fixed in 6.6.42 with commit 522c3336c202
	Fixed in 6.9.11 with commit 9f9c79d8e527
	Fixed in 6.10 with commit cf28ff8e4c02

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41081
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ipv6/ila/ila_lwt.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7435bd2f84a25aba607030237261b3795ba782da
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96103371091c6476eb07f4c66624bdd1b42f758a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a0cafb7b0b94d18e4813ee4b712a056f280e7b5a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/feac2391e26b086f73be30e9b1ab215eada8d830
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4eb25a3d70df925a9fa4e82d17a958a0a228f5f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/522c3336c2025818fa05e9daf0ac35711e55e316
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9f9c79d8e527d867e0875868b14fb76e6011e70c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cf28ff8e4c02e1ffa850755288ac954b6ff0db8c