Subject: CVE-2024-41052: vfio/pci: Init the count variable in collecting hot-reset devices

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

vfio/pci: Init the count variable in collecting hot-reset devices

The count variable is used without initialization, it results in mistakes
in the device counting and crashes the userspace if the get hot reset info
path is triggered.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41052 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.6.36 with commit 618fbf4c910a and fixed in 6.6.41 with commit f476dffc52ea
	Issue introduced in 6.9.7 with commit 9313244c26f3 and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit f44136b96522

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41052
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/vfio/pci/vfio_pci_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f476dffc52ea70745dcabf63288e770e50ac9ab3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f44136b9652291ac1fc39ca67c053ac624d0d11b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a88a3f67e37e39f933b38ebb4985ba5822e9eca