Subject: CVE-2024-41043: netfilter: nfnetlink_queue: drop bogus WARN_ON

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

netfilter: nfnetlink_queue: drop bogus WARN_ON

Happens when rules get flushed/deleted while packet is out, so remove
this WARN_ON.

This WARN exists in one form or another since v4.14, no need to backport
this to older releases, hence use a more recent fixes tag.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41043 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 3f8019688894 and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit 86858da8335d
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit 3f8019688894 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 631a4b3ddc78

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41043
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/netfilter/nfnetlink_queue.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/86858da8335db48bde9be02abd7156a69d622e86
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/631a4b3ddc7831b20442c59c28b0476d0704c9af