Subject: CVE-2024-41026: mmc: davinci_mmc: Prevent transmitted data size from exceeding sgm's length

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mmc: davinci_mmc: Prevent transmitted data size from exceeding sgm's length

No check is done on the size of the data to be transmiited. This causes
a kernel panic when this size exceeds the sg_miter's length.

Limit the number of transmitted bytes to sgm->length.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-41026 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit ed01d210fd91 and fixed in 6.9.10 with commit c561c4ecce71
	Issue introduced in 6.9 with commit ed01d210fd91 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 16198eef11c1

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-41026
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/mmc/host/davinci_mmc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c561c4ecce712f94b442db5960e281f13b28df2e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16198eef11c1929374381d7f6271b4bf6aa44615