Subject: CVE-2024-40985: net/tcp_ao: Don't leak ao_info on error-path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/tcp_ao: Don't leak ao_info on error-path

It seems I introduced it together with TCP_AO_CMDF_AO_REQUIRED, on
version 5 [1] of TCP-AO patches. Quite frustrative that having all these
selftests that I've written, running kmemtest & kcov was always in todo.

[1]: https://lore.kernel.org/netdev/[email-masked]/

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-40985 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 0aadc73995d0 and fixed in 6.9.7 with commit ebaa7d3c2633
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit 0aadc73995d0 and fixed in 6.10 with commit f9ae84890428

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-40985
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/ipv4/tcp_ao.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ebaa7d3c26332330a48f9a15f8e518d526cc0f21
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f9ae848904289ddb16c7c9e4553ed4c64300de49